A Walking Bible


A Walking Bible
                                Ptr. Jordan Palangyos

     Preaching God’s Word is a vocation that no possession in this world can outshine. The sweetness of salvation gives consolation, hope, and joy to people no matter what status in life we belong to.
Evangelist Amador "The Walking Bible" Padcheco 

     In my younger days, my father would usually tag me along in his mission field. It was during those days that I met a humble farmer who is also a dedicated Evangelist. He preached salvation with joy and commitment. I was 11 years old then.

     After 36 years, our path crossed again.  We are now helping each other to proclaim pure Lutheran Doctrine. He became independent too because of the controversies in the Lutheran Church in the Philippines - we call him the Walking Bible this time because of his expertise in memorizing scriptures.

During our 2018 Reformation Celebration

     I never met a person yet who can surpass him in memorizing bible passages. I asked how he did it- he answered, “While walking on the way to my farm, I memorize one verse everyday” (That’s it the secret).

     He is one of our pillars in our small organization here in the mountains - he opened three congregations and until now at the age of 70 he hopes to open more Lutheran congregations who stand and preach the purity of the Gospel.

     May God take care of our health in order for us to pass the sweetness of salvation to others. Evangelist Padcheco is passionate in training both young and older men to follow his footsteps and continue standing in the Gospel's purity.

Comments