Preface to the Seven Last Words



Preface to the Seven Last Words
By: Ptr. Jordan Palangyos

Celebrating Palm Sunday is one of the greatest privileges God gave to believers. Since my childhood days until now, most churches celebrate it in a fabulous and grandiose manner. Churches put many decorations in the altar as a manifestation of the beginning of the Holy Week. 



We, on the other hand; celebrated the Palm Sunday in a very simple way—we sung the Lutheran Liturgy and the Word was preached to its simplicity.




Evangelist Amador Padcheco invited me to have a meeting with some laymen who wanted to join Independent Lutheran Missionaries. The place is full of natural beauty.






The fields and water falls are perfect.


To my surprise, the seven last words of Jesus were preached in the fields- it is my first time to witness the Words of Jesus shared in the rice fields. I felt the simplicity of Jesus; leaving all the power in heaven to live a simple life on earth. What a worship service! 


I have had experienced attending services in beautiful buildings with extra ordinary technology in the city but nothing compares to the beauty of God’s creation. Worshiping in the fields with beautiful scenery and faithful believers is one of my most amazing Lenten experiences.

I realized that Jesus never used beautiful and state-of-the-art buildings in his preaching; He used simple things and places because the Kingdom of God is found in the heart, not in visible things that this world offers.


Comments

Post a Comment