IN PURSUIT OF JOY DESPITE THE DISTRESS
                                                     by:jordanpalangyos



My July 2019 was devastating. Many got sick including my daughter and mission work seemed failing. Pagan rituals were rampant in the mountains and drivers refused to give us a ride. I felt shame and frustration because it looked as if I was losing the battle. Thank God, He gave me an armor to survive and a battalion of prayer warriors. They were the inspiration that pushed me to continue. I know the prayers of my family, church members, friends nearby and friends from afar (Ptr. Greg Jackson, Madam Norma, Sis Virginia, Glen, and others) fueled me to face arrows and bullets of the devil.



Now, things are starting to change and there’s a new peaceful dawn.  Jeshra, my daughter, is at my side now. Although she cannot walk yet, I do believe that someday soon she will run again excited to go to school.


Our chief carpenter also started to work; He is not yet 100 percent well but the courage and dedication he shows give me a reason to stand and do my best.



One intelligent woman volunteered to help me in my mission. She is a former LCP/LCMS member but wanted to be independent. Also, we will be having training and seminar again this month. Please pray for a good weather.



God is good; He never leaves His followers and He always puts a smile on our faces despite the chaos. He is the source of joy. It is only in Him whom we can find inner peace in the face of turmoil and pandemonium.

Comments