Dear Brothers in Christ,




For some reason in my FB, I have been receiving feed from a group called
Reformed Life of which I never signed up for.
This happened for a couple of months, it would have been one of my FB

friends who probably did this without informing me.



At any rate,the admin of the group recently posted on how Limited
Atonement is true. Their main Scripture is Mt 1:21, John 10:15. He
asserted that the reason why there are people in hell today is because
Jesus never died for them. Because if Jesus died for them, then they
should have faith too. That should raise the flag because they are there
without regard to faith or no faith, so faith does not come into play in
the person's destiny. So indeed I raised back 2 John 2:1-2 and 2 Cor
5:17.



Of course none of his Scripture directly address explicitly the
assertion that Jesus died only for some people. So this is the same as
UOJ - rationalism and faulty assumption and thus deduction from man's
reasoning but no explicit verse from Scripture. For example Mt 1:21,
save is used not pay, or die.



So having given Scripture to say the opposite of what he asserted, which
are direct and explicit Scriptures that counter his theory I then
asserted this the 4th and 5th line from the Nicene Creed Who for us men,
and for our salvation [1], came down and was incarnate [2] and was made
man; He suffered [3], and the third day he rose again [4], ascended into
heaven;


I charged him that his theory has never been believed by the ancient
Church.



He countered that his belief has always been believed by the ancient
Church and I said, that confession has never been codified instead the
reverse is codified in the Nicene Creed - I charged you are not even
"catholic" (small c), and should bother you.



He then boldly countered that he does not care about the Nicene Creed
since it is not Scripture and he did not care if he was not compliant to
such creeds.



Then he banned me so he continued to preach to his choir and I could not
reply and reason with him.



I am sharing this with you because if a belief is not compliant to the
symbols of the ancient Church that should give us pause and cause
trouble in our hearts.



This Calvinist I encountered was not ashamed to say - he rejects the
1700 year old creed 325 AD agreed by early Christians of long ago. What
amazed me a bit is the boldness of him to declare he is not compliant -
he rejects these creeds.



If someone is a Calvinist, having such teaching or confession, then
there is an issue which is far more fundamental with not only with
Lutherans but with the rest of Christendom all over the world and all
ages.

Comments