Kapangan - Faith Comes From Hearing

Judah Palangyos arranged my safe travel and stay for a few days in Kapangan.  "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Philippians 2:13

Upon my arrival in Kapangan I was greeted by his energetic and compassionate mother. I had been suffering from a stomach virus and hadn't been able to eat much food for about a week. Mrs. Palangyos had many fun stories and curiosity to share with me. She is also a very good cook, going out of her way to find foods I could intake and aid in my recovery from the stomach virus.

Judah arranged my speaking at the Kapangan Central High School for opening ceremony in front of the entire student body, 400+ students.  I was able to preach the Gospel during this time covering my favorite gospel Bible passages:

Genesis 15:6
“And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.”

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Romans 1:17
Ephesians 2:8-9 
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 3 and Mark 16



After opening ceremony we visited with the school Principal for coffee and quail eggs.
2nd from right School Principal
Quail eggs and coffee


The day proceeded with the Principal organizing for Esther Ann and I to speak about our careers in the professional services industry as an accountant and a lawyer, as well as time management and motivation speaking.




sightseeing in Kapangan





The day ended with a bon-fire and some San Miguel beer - similar flavor and body as a Corona beer.




By Glen Kotten



Comments

  1. I enjoyed the fresh fruits and vegetables! I also liked reading the thoroughly used Book of Concord at her house. Very grateful to be able to meet your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment