Lutherans in the Wilderness


Lutherans in the Wilderness




I will always remember the invitation of an abandoned Lutheran congregation in the center of a forest. It took me 5 hours hiking to reach the place. The people are interested to hear God’s Word.  When I arrived at the church,one member came early. She's an African- American looking lady. I spoke in English but she told me she is from that place. Her father is a black American but she never saw him and she does not even know his name.  Anyway I am happy that the Word operates and she is an active member of that congregation.






That was my first time to experience giving a sermon with wet polo, shoes, and socks. The rain was so heavy that time. One member lent  me his pants but it was so small for me to wear. After the service I stayed for two days in that place because the rain was so strong it was impossible to hike.




The place was so beautiful and I hope to visit them again if God gives me another opportunity. I cannot forget the memories hiking during the night. I lost my way then suddenly a man saw me because he wants to check his carabao.










Comments