Beauty in the Beast

Last Sunday after the worship, Efren and I have to walk to visit some of our friends involved in the carpentry work of our church.  Walking made us witness the beauty of our surroundings. God’s creation is indeed beautiful and the goodness of our God is manifested in His creations. The beauty of our surroundings made us forget Corona threat for a while.





Some of our church members have already finished making their brooms ready to be delivered to the markets. Unfortunately,  the lockdowns in the different municipalities would greatly affect their sales. It is a heartbreaking  turn of events for the farmers' perseverance, hard labors and long wait.  




Back in Baguio, I have to walk 6 kilometers going  to the market to buy food for the week. There are no public transport to discourage people's mobility.






 My hiking reminded me of my childhood days. When I was a little boy, streets were clean because there were few cars travelling. Going to the market today,  I was transported to the 1980’s—the city looked beautiful again.



Corona Virus is a beast but this beast made mother earth breathe again. It forced busy streets and crowded cities to rest.  God's creation bloomed  and I realized that God can use a beast to manifest the beauty of His creations.
.




Comments