Daily Devotion by Judah Palangyos

 Faith can be best illustrated by a criminal and his lawyer. There was a criminal accused of murder and a very bright lawyer that represents him. Well, the case was lost and the criminal was sentenced to die in an electric chair. When the time the sentence was executed, his lawyer died at the same day due to heart attack. Both of them faced God for judgement, God talked to the criminal first. He asked the criminal, "Why should I accept you in my kingdom? The criminal answered, "Lord I am a criminal. I had done lots of sins when I was living. But Father, forgive me. I cannot offer anything to pay for my sins for I have nothing. But I beg you Father, have mercy upon me. Accept me in Your kingdom." When God heard this, He said to the criminal, "Very well, you may enter." Next He talked to the lawyer, He asked the same question. With confidence the lawyer answered, "Because of me, many were given a second chance. Many were acquitted of their crimes and went back to their families. I also donated much in church by asking donations from my friends." And God said to him, "You are not accepted in here. Because of you many continued doing their evil deeds. Because of you even blood money entered the church. Depart from me." Faith drives us to be humble while knowing the law drives us to be proud. Good evening.❤

Comments